Tuesday, June 15, 2010

iPhone 4 Ordering: Please wait while we process your request over & over again...

Around 130am PST the Apple Store shifted from the "we'll be right back" to being alive again but only this time with the ability to order the iPhone 4.  Yes, only black is available in 16 and 32 GB ($199 and $299 respectively) with the white forthcoming.

AT&T and Apple's systems must be overwhelmed or ill-equipped.  First, I had a $0.41 balance that I cleared out on AT&T.  AT&T's site did NOT have the ability to buy the iPhone 4 yet.  With that done, I kept getting (and am still getting) the dreaded "timed out" message and the "please wait" messages.  Only time will tell, let's hope this works.

Incidentally, Apple's site will ask your number, your billing zipcode and then the last 4 of your social security number.  Then, the prompt will inform you that the phone is ready and that my monthly plan will now be $139 per line per phone.  But this is as far as I've got so far as I wait yet again (this time for 5+ minutes) hoping not to have made some mistake barring me from getting an iPhone 4 as soon as I possibly can!



UPDATE: 30 mins later - GOT IT!  7am Apple Store June 24, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment